The “Arbitral Simulator” is an innovative web-service aimed at distance web-based education for students as far as conducting virtual arbitration proceedings is concerned.
cwa, under the supervision of the academic responsible prof. Panagiotis Glavinis, designed and developed the web-service “Arbitral Simulator”.
In detail, arbitralsimulator.com is a service that:
- allows multiple restarts of the arbitration simulation process,
- allows users to be register and assigns them to predefined groups based on administrator preferences,
- for each simulation, a list of relevant legal texts (from the administrator > users) are made available, e.g. the legal framework of the country,
- for each simulation features (from the administrator > users ) relevant texts on the arbitration scenario (e.g. contract, facts, disagreement , etc.)
- supports the creation of queries from the users towards the administration and the reply of the administrator to the querying parties,
- supports the creation of deadlines for all relevant to the arbitration events (e.g. the submission of pleadings),
- presents the decision of the arbitration process to all parties,
- allows for another iteration of the aforementioned steps after the decision has been reached, wherein:
- either an appeal is made against the decision by the losing party by means of an application of appeal to a civil court of the seat of the arbitral tribunal,
- or the winner of the arbitration applies for recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards in the courts of the country where the residence / headquarters of the defendant.
The administration of the service is easily performed through the same interface